Preservation of privacy is very important to BakerBrown Studio Limited. The practice is committed to protecting the rights of such parties in relation to their personal information and confirms that all personal information provided will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
How we collect your data
We may process and collect your data when we are contacted by post, phone, email, attending events or when submitted on our website and social media accounts. This includes personal data provided when you:
- Make an enquiry.
- Enter into a contract with us for goods or services.
- Request information to be sent to you.
- Provide feedback.
- Interact with us via social media.
- Provide a curriculum vitae (CV).
The type of data collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (Excludes data where the identity has been removed, anonymous data) and may include the following:
- Identity data such as first name, last name and title.
- Contact data including address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction data including details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How we use your data
BakerBrown Studio Limited are committed to ensuring your data is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Transfer of personal data outside the UK or EEA
We may share, transfer or store your personal information outside of the UK or EEA where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or adequate security measures are adopted and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Who we share your personal data with
With your consent, we may from time to time share or disclose your personal information with third parties, such as but not limited to, Surveyors, Engineers, Ecologists and Local Authorities. This will only be conducted in order to carry out professional and contractual obligations as agreed in our signed forms of appointment. This may be processed and distributed in, but is not limited to, the following ways when working on a project:
- In emails and hard copy correspondence
- In the project brief and brief development work
- On drawings, schedules, specifications and project preliminaries
- Project specific reports and data sheets
- In models (Physical, pdf and other digital media)
- In models on common data environments and clouds
- In visualisations
How long we will keep your personal data
BakerBrown Studio Limited retains personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or for as long as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
How we protect your personal data
BakerBrown Studio Limited take the security of your personal information seriously. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure and unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect personal information we collect from you from improper use or disclosure, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We have taken and will take appropriate information security, technical, storage and organisational measures to such end, including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. All providers who are associated with the processing of your information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information you submit via our website or social media. However, as our website is grouped to the internet, which is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via our website or social media.
For ease of use and compatibility, as a practice we will not encrypt emails unless the recipient expressly asks us to do so. If the recipient would like us to encrypt emails sent to them, that recipient should provide us with the necessary certification to enable the practice to do so. Email, unless encrypted, is not a fully secure means of communication.
Your choices and rights
As an individual you have explicit rights under the Data Protection Legislation:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, holding and processing of your personal data at any time.
Please contact us at email@example.com or at our office and postal address: Cooksbridge Station House, Cooksbridge, East Sussex, BN8 4SW if you wish to take up any of these rights.
BakerBrown Studio Limited take all reasonable steps to keep personal data in its possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current, and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If we are advised of a change of information, we will update the data accordingly.
We rely on you to notify us of any changes to your personal data.